Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Adventure

Yesterday... Monday after the wedding, I had planned a later flight back to Fresno so I could spend some time in Dallas with my mom. We had a fun time together and I got to go to my favorite place... ORANGE CUP!



My flight from Dallas to Phoenix was scheduled to leave at 6:30pm and I had a one our layover in Phoenix to change flights. Well... Dallas weather had a different plan.

Due to storms forming in the DFW area, the air traffic controller people had to let more time between take offs which meant we were on the runway for 1 hour waiting for takeoff! I was so nervous because my flight to Fresno was departing at 8:05 and we were scheduled to land at 8:10! Needless to say... I missed my flight to Fresno and found out that there were no more flights that night to anywhere in California! Oh NO! The next flight to Fresno was a 10:10 am Tuesday morning. (I had to be at my internship at 8:00am)

So... I got a discount to a hotel room and spent the night by myself in Phoenix! I called my CI (clinical instructor) and he was thankfully understanding. I arrived in Fresno about 12:30 this afternoon! It only took me 20 hours!

This California trip is turning out to be quite an adventure!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend and had time to spend with your mom! Hate to hear about the craziness though; glad your CI was cool with it. Hope we can catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete